Full Sail Youth Team Programs
Our Full Sail youth programs provide half- and full-day youth leadership and teambuilding experiences conducted both underway and ashore.
Goals include, but are not limited to:
- Providing a day-long onboard and onshore day of youth leadership and team development.
- Using the experience of learning to sail as a metaphor for what’s possible in life.
- Engaging in conversation and reflection about what this experience means personally and to the group.
- Learning that success requires that everyone step into leadership at certain times.
- Offering opportunities for potential community service.
- Utilizing pre- and post-program surveys to assess the program’s effectiveness.
- We guarantee that your kids will learn to sail our 31-foot yacht in first 1-2 hours. The final 1-2 hours will include a race to demonstrate sailing skills and team dynamics, and concludes with fun sailing combined with an onboard conversation about your team’s performance and potential. We also provide a follow-up assessment of insights and recommendations.
- The sailing establishes rapport and confidence, and opens the door to conversations about greater possibilities in life.
- The onshore discussion and reflection further focuses possibilities and commitments, and ensures that the day’s experiences are successfully transferred to daily life.
- Community service projects are often included with these experiences.
- Pre- and post-program surveys are conducted whenever possible.
- Boy Scouts
- Girl Scouts
- People of Praise
- Project FINE
- Winona County Restorative Justice
- YMCA Camp Pepin
- Youth Build/Workforce Development Inc.